There are many loft conversion companies out there, so why should you place your trust in us? We think you'll agree that these are a few good reasons:
- FREE initial advice and survey
- FREE feasibility drawing and quotation
- All work GUARANTEED
- Friendly and professional service
- Project managed from concept to completion by one person
- City & Guilds Licentiateship in Carpentry & Joinery, their highest accolade
- 20+ years loft conversion experience
- Local Authority approved
- Member of the Federation of Master Builders (see below)
- Member of Check-a-Trade quality assurance trade register (see below)
- Member of the Institute of Carpenters
I served a full apprenticeship, and I'm proud of the qualifications I
achieved and of recently being honoured with a Membership of the prestigious
Institute of Carpenters. In the course of over two decades of loft conversion
I have naturally
tackled a vast range of different projects in a wide variety of homes and
In my experience, the best jobs are done by firms that spend time making careful plans, and that maintain constant, effective communication with their clients. These firms also ensure that any craftsmen they employ are not just fully qualified, but also care about the quality of the work they do and their own reputation.
So, when I set up my own company, I was determined to make it the best it could be — staffed by those experienced enough to cope with any project, but always staying small enough to care, so that I can remain 'hands-on' at all times, right from the initial estimate through to the final approval from the Local Authority.
It's important that you understand this approach, because when you ask us to build your loft conversion, you'll be seeing a lot of me! Why not take a look at some of the testimonials written by people who have already been through this experience?
Check-a-Trade separates rogue trades from the honest and reliable. It stands for accountability
and credibility. Rogues will not want to be vetted
and will certainly not be willing to be monitored and have the results
made public. This is the core of what
will separate the
honest from the dishonest.
All members undergo a vetting procedure and have to agree to a code of conduct and ethics. All have to agree to give monitoring cards out to their customers to fill in when the work has been completed. This really is putting reputations to the test. The results of the monitoring cards and any recommendations received via any other source will be displayed on a public forum.
Trades and services that have joined Check-a-Trade have made a pledge with their customers (generated from The Trade Register) to:
- Be honest giving realistic work start dates & receipt work undertaken.
- Keep appointments, call if late or re-scheduling & return ansa messages.
- If unable/unwilling to undertake work, redirect back to The Trade Register
- Be polite and treat customers' property with utmost respect.
- Never demand full payment before work is fully completed.
- Inform them of any minimum charge or call out fees.
Trades and services that have joined The Trade Register have made a pledge with The Trade Register to:
- Agree to be vetted, which may include a credit check.
- Leave at least 10 monitoring cards with 10 different customers annually.
- Not sub-contract work generated from The Trade Register.
- Return telephone messages left by The Trade Register promptly.